Thursday, March 6, 2008

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

I decided to pull up another classic since I am not blown away by anything I shot this week. This is from this time last year, when an old mill in Appleton burned to the ground. Speculation is still going on, and charges are finally being laid against individuals. I remember it was a rather mild day for the time of year, and I smelled like a stale old ashtray by the time I got back to the newsroom because of the ankle-deep gross water I had to wade through to get the photos. Cross your fingers for me; I've entered this, as well as other pieces of work in the Community Newspaper Association Awards. (I now feel incredibly guilty for letting work get in the way of entering pieces in the Metroland awards... I could have had a great chance with some of the categories. Thankfully, a handful of others from my company have been nominated, so I can at least be proud of them for their accomplishments.)
© Katie Mulligan/Metroland - Ottawa Region

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this phoooo-toooohh! It's still as good as when I first saw it! ;)

Anonymous said...

DARSON (NOT ANONYMOUS) said...

I've looked at this picture maybe 10 times (incase there was any new stuff coming....) Anyway, I realized it's very cool. Did you manipulate it much or is the 'look' (which I'd describe as being textured like a painting) mostly from the chunky falling snow? Did you print it?

mulliganphoto said...

New photos coming in a matter of minutes...