Monday, July 14, 2008

Eyes on the prize


Grade five students in Almonte get up close and personal with one of the Monarch butterflies they helped raise from the very beginning. Students had a chance to examine them a little better before releasing them 'into the wild.'
This is a photo I took awhile back, and found it while going through my archives looking for something else. I really enjoyed this particular assignment, as the students were, for the most part, so wrapped up in their butterflies, they barely noticed me. The teacher in this class is fantastic, as he always puts together projects for his class that are thrilling, different and memorable.
© Katie Mulligan/Metroland - Ottawa Region

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though it may not be daily I am a big fan of your Photo Journalism. Yet another great post! I also appreciate you taking the time to leaving a comment on my blog even if it wasn't a topic of your expertise.