Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Good food, good company




The Good Food Company here in town was named one of Ottawa Magazine's top 12 restaurants in the area. The interesting part is that it usually focuses on places downtown Ottawa, with the occasional spot in the east or west end. So the fact that reviewers actually made their way to the Valley, OUTSIDE of Ottawa, and were impressed enough to return is pretty fantastic. I spent time speaking with the owner this morning, and she mentioned she is the only original restaurant owner left in town. The rest are new owners, or just plain new establishments. When I publish the piece this photo goes with, I stay neutral, but since this is my blog, I will go ahead and say that if you've ever eaten at this place, you will totally understand why it's still around. It rocks.
© Katie Mulligan/Metroland - Ottawa Region

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DARSON (still very anonymous)
Lovely. I'm such a sucker for b&w available light stuff. Also, this shot makes me hungry for steak and eggs or deep dish apple pie. Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

This restaurant makes tasty... Well, everything. We'll have to take you there sometime when you venture out into the countryside again!