Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Puppets Up! in the Valley...



Wayne Rostad and Wayne Rostad; now that's a pair you won't soon forget. Rostad (known for his local hit, Christmas in the Valley... Remember that song?) and his puppet double are shown cruising Mill Street in Almonte for the annual International Puppets Up! Festival parade on Saturday afternoon. You know you're pretty well known if Noreen Young (known for Under the Umbrella Tree) has had a puppet double made of you.
I'll admit, I wish there was a puppet Katie Mulligan. Sigh.
© Katie Mulligan/Metroland - Ottawa Region

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot, Katie!

REMI THERIAULT said...

A katie Puppet??? I don't know if we could handle that.

Anonymous said...

I might make my own Katie puppet.
It may only be a sock with red yarn for hair, but man, it's gonna happen some day.

REMI THERIAULT said...

Is the puppet going to tell jokes?

Anonymous said...

Jokes about puppet elephants!